Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ecuador and Colombia and the Top and Worst 10

Perhaps one of the most painful parts of the entire trip was that I lost all of the pictures I took in Ecuador and Colombia. I can blame the deletion of 100 or so photos -ranging from pictures of blue-footed boobie birds, to delicious and exotic fruit, to surfing great waves, to whales jumping out of the ocean, to the most fantastic golf club in all of Bogota - to the fact that my spanish is still not very good, which caused me to misread the screen and hit a button that to my lament meant "delete all"!


Colombia is a great country full of friendly people, beautiful women and good food. Although the US State Dept. says one should never travel there, it is an overstatement. Lke in any country we must be careful and Colombia is no exception, but Cartagena is a paradise that I recomend all seeing, while Bogota is a city with a classy feel, nice restaurants and tons of great museums.

But now that my travels are over I can look back proudly and say that I had one great adventure giving me memories that will last even if my pictures dont.

Over all Best and Worsts:

Best City: Buenos Aires and Cartagena
Best Country: Colombia
Best Travel Value: Argentina
Best Site: Machu Pichu
Best Surf: Chile and Peru
Best Wine: Chile
Best Food: Peru

Worst City: Potosi, bolivia
Worst Experience: 28 hour Bus ride between the coast of Ecuador and Quito, Bolivian Night
Worst Food: Bolivia
Biggest Dissapointment: Skiing in Chile
Biggest Tourist Trap: Cusco
Biggest Rip off: Taxes in Bus stations and airports, the train to Machu Pichu

Some Things you should know about traveling:
1. In order for a city to be built in S. America there must be a hill nearby where a statue of either Jesus or Mary can be built in order to look down on the people and reinforce Catholicism.
2. Every City has a Plaza De Armas and Plaza Bolivar, most contain beautiful churches
3. Eat the local Soups and fruits Everywhere
4. Always watch where you walk because there are unmarked holes every where
5. Just Because you pay doesn{t mean the bathroom will be nice
6. Old People Never Wait in Line

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous luxury apartments buenos aires said...

I really like the advice to eat the local soups everywhere -- I might add to try the local beverages!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Billing Software
Medical Billing Software